FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mediterranean Grilled Lamb and Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese Crisps
Bring the flavors of the Mediterranean to your kitchen table with marinated leg of lamb, roasted peppers and crunchy, goat cheese croutons. Toss with spinach and bruschetta to complete this unique and satisfying salad.
- 1 New Zealand Fresh boneless leg of lamb
- Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil
- Meza Tus bruschetta mix, strained, reserve liquid
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 each red and yellow bell peppers, roasted and peeled
- 1 red onion, julienne
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 8 oz. soft mild goat cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts, toast with salt in 400F oven until lightly browned
- 24 New York Style Bagel Crisps
- 1 lb. fresh, organic baby spinach (about 10 cup packed)
- salt, to taste
- pepper as needed
- Remove netting from lamb, butterfly by opening leg using one hand and with a knife, cut through the seams and muscle to create consistent thickness. Season the lamb with salt and pepper, drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil, sprinkle with 2 Tbs. basil, and 2 Tbs. rosemary and massage into the meat. Place lamb in a sealable plastic bag and refrigerate. Marinate lamb for 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare peppers: Preheat broiler. Quarter peppers lengthwise, discarding stems, seeds, and ribs. Put peppers, skin sides up, on rack of a broiler pan and broil about 2 inches from heat until skins are blistered and charred, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer peppers to a small bowl and let stand, covered with plastic wrap, until cool enough to handle. Peel peppers and cut into thin 2-inch long strips. Combine in a bowl combine with vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil. Chill peppers, covered, until assembling salad.
- In another bowl add goat cheese and with a wooden spoon, stir together with 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon zest and 1 tablespoon basil. Chill goat cheese, covered (allow to return to room temperature before preparing croutons).
- In a food mini food processor or with a whisk, add Dijon mustard, 3 oz of Bruschetta juice, and liquid from roasted pepper and pulse to combine. Slowly add remaining 1/2 cup olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high. Remove lamb from plastic bag, and place on grill. Sear meat on each side for 4 minutes, adjust grill for indirect cooking by lowering heat to medium/medium low. Close lid on grill and cook lamb for 45 minutes or until internal temperature in the thickest part reaches 135º-140º F for medium rare. Thinner parts will be more done. Remove lamb from grill and let rest, covered loosely with foil for 10 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- Make croutons by spreading goat cheese mixture on bagel crisps and top with toasted pine nuts – set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss spinach with Bruschetta mix and basil oil. Mound spinach leaves in the middle of 8 large plates. Scatter some peppers and onions evenly over spinach. Arrange lamb slices over the spinach, place three goat cheese croutons around edge of plate and drizzle salads with remaining basil oil/juices in mixing bowl.