FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mediterranean Stacked Salad
With the flavors of the Mediterranean region in every bite, this salad would be beautiful as the centerpiece for a casual luncheon. Ideal for busy weekends, it comes together quickly once you’ve assembled all of the ingredients. (Note: Salad needs to be chilled, so you may want to prepare it a day in advance.)
View all tips »
If taking this salad to a potluck dinner, pack the ingredients separately and assemble on the spot.
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cup(s) spinach, washed and stemmed
- 2 cup(s) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tsp. oregano, dried
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cup(s) rotisserie chicken, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) artichoke hearts, chopped and prepared
- .1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 cup(s) chopped black or kalamata olives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Begin by making the cucumber-sour cream topping. Place chopped cucumbers in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and place over a bowl to drain. Transfer to another bowl and stir in the sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, select a deep, clear glass bowl (a trifle bowl is ideal). Fill the bottom of the bowl with the spinach. Spoon garbanzo beans on top and sprinkle with oregano and lemon juice. Layer roasted peppers and rotisserie chicken slices. Sprinkle chopped basil over chicken. Follow with prepared artichoke hearts, crushed red pepper and olives. Top with cucumber-sour cream mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, garnish the top with red onion, tomatoes and feta cheese.