FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mexican Breakfast Casserole
Favorite Mexican flavors shine through in this easy egg casserole topped with flaky biscuits
View all tips »
A seeded, finely chopped jalapeño pepper may be added to the cooked mushroom mixture for added “heat.”
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 cup(s) Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 cup(s) cubed, pre-cooked deli ham
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped red bell pepper
- 1 diced green chilies, drained (4 ounce)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 refrigerated Pillsbury® Buttermilk Biscuits • 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped yellow onion
- 1 10 ounce enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir in cheeses, deli ham, bell pepper, green chilies and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Separate biscuits and cut in half. Arrange around the edge of the baking dish on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown and eggs are set.
- While the casserole is baking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms and onion, tossing to coat with butter. Cook until tender. Pour in the enchilada sauce and heat until warmed through. Spoon sauce over eggs and biscuits.