FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mexican Flavors Macaroni
Pork, salsa and green olives give this simple baked dish real Mexican flavor.
- 6 cup(s) cooked (12 ounce dry) Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni Pantry Pack
- cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion (medium), diced
- 1 lb. ground pork or beef
- 3 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 tsp. oregano
- 2 cup(s) favorite salsa
- 2 cup(s) Mexi cheese blend
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced roasted red peppers
- 3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 cup(s) tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large sauté pan. Sauté onions until soft. Add pork or beef, 2 teaspoons cumin, 2 teaspoons oregano and optional jalapeño. Sauté until pork is cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, salsa, cheese, roasted peppers, 1 cup sour cream and olives. Toss to mix, then stir in the pork mixture.
- Combine remaining 2 cups sour cream with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a greased 9x13-inch baking dish and top with the sour cream mixture and then the crushed chips. Drizzle all over with remaining vegetable oil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbling.