FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Microwaved “Dirty” Mashed Potatoes
These are the easiest homemade mashed potatoes you’ll ever make.
View all tips »
Keeping the skins on adds extra flavor and fiber. Mashing the potatoes with a potato masher yields a more homemade texture than that of whipped potatoes.
- 1 1/2 lb. red skinned golden potatoes
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- Wash and dry potatoes, cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes on a microwave safe plate fitted with a microwave safe cover or place in a covered casserole dish. Microwave on high 7 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are very tender when pierced with a paring knife. Place potatoes in a medium metal bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave on high 45 seconds or until milk is hot.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes, adding 1/4 cup of milk at a time until the potatoes are mashed and the milk is incorporated. Adjust seasoning as desired.