FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Milano Breakfast Sandwich
If you and your family just can’t get enough of the flavor of Italian favorites like olive oil, salami and pesto, then this is the breakfast sandwich for you.
View all tips »
You could use any of your favorite Italian meats and cheeses in this sandwich.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 slices salami, Soppressata or prosciutto
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Thomas® English Muffins, split and toasted
- 2 1/4-inch slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp. prepared Pesto
- 2 thick slices beefsteak or other large tomato
- Sauté salami and red onions for 3 to 4 minutes or until salami is lightly crisped. Remove to a plate.
- Add eggs to the pan one at a time and fry sunny-side up, seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate.
- Spread the bottom half of each muffin with a generous layer of pesto, then salami, onions, mozzarella and tomato; close with muffin top.
- Place the sandwich in the same pan and press down with a spatula. Lightly toast in this way on both sides until cheese begins to melt.
- Remove and open muffin sandwich to slip fried egg on top. Quickly close and serve.