FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mild Tomato Salsa
Stripping the heat won't strip the flavor when you use a variety of fresh, quality vegetables for this light, tasty summertime snack.
- 36 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 24 oz. tomato paste
- 1 3/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 15 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 to 5 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) canning salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large stockpot, cook tomatoes, uncovered, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 cups liquid. Return tomatoes to the pot.
- Stir in the green peppers, onions, tomato paste, vinegar, sugar, red pepper, celery, garlic, jalapeño, canning salt, hot pepper sauce and reserved tomato liquid. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water bath.