FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mixed Berry Pie
When fresh berries are in season, put this pie at the top of your dessert list. A blend of four different berries makes every bite taste like a sweet burst of summer.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup(s) cold butter, cubed
- 6 to 8 Tbsp. ice water
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup(s) fresh raspberries
- 1 cup(s) halved fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and, if desired, cinnamon until smooth; add blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-inch-thick circle; transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-inch-thick circle; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°F; bake 45 to 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.