FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mixed Greens Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
A mixed greens salad with fresh-cut veggies is the perfect companion to a home-cooked meal, or on its own as a light and lovely picnic lunch.
View all tips »
Don’t have fresh bell peppers? Reduce balsamic vinegar to 1 Tbsp. and use ½ cup of drained roasted red pepper pieces.
- 1 medium to large red bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 8 cup(s) mixed greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- Heat broiler with rack 4 to 5 inches from flame or coils. Place pepper directly onto rack. Broil approximately 20 minutes, turning frequently until all skin has bubbled and charred. Remove pepper from oven. Carefully place pepper under cold running water and peel off skin (the inside of the pepper will be hot). Remove stem and seeds and place in a blender carafe.
- Add pepper, salt and vinegar. Purée 30 seconds. Slowly pour in olive oil, blending until a smooth dressing is made.
- Place lettuce and tomato onto a serving plate or bowl. Toss or drizzle with 1/2 cup dressing.