FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mixed Nut and Caramel Bars
Stuff your purse, lunch boxes and gym bags with this tasty combination of sweet treats and protein-rich walnuts and pecans that satisfy hunger and a killer sweet tooth.
View all tips »
Line pan with aluminum foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for easier clean up. Remove foil before cutting.
This recipe also works well using only walnuts or pecans.
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 cup(s) (8 oz.) softened butter, divided
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup(s) butter (4 oz.), softened
- 1 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat cookie mix and 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan, press mixture evenly. Bake about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, stir together remaining 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar, honey and cream. Simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute and stir in nuts.
- Pour nut mixture over warm crust and spread evenly.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until mixture is bubbling. Cool completely in pan and cut into 24 bars.