FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Dark and decadent, this rich mocha frosting makes enough to frost a 2-layer cake or 12 cupcakes.
View all tips »
Frosting must be cool (not cold) to be spreadable. To use immediately, chill frosting by placing it over a bowl of ice, or let it cool at room temperature. Once cooled, frosting can be whipped to create a lighter variation, or used as is. Refrigerate cake after spreading with frosting.
- 14 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Folgers® Classic Roast Coffee
- Roughly chop chocolate. Put in a food processor and pulse briefly to fine chop.
- In a saucepan, heat the half-and-half over medium-high heat almost to boiling, being careful not to boil. Stir in the coffee granules until dissolved.
- With the motor running, pour the hot half-and-half mixture into the chocolate and process until completely melted and blended. Transfer the frosting to a bowl.