FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Molasses Drop Cookies
Servings: 4 dozen
Rekindle childhood memories of soft, chewy molasses cookies when you turn to this holiday favorite.
View all tips »
Before measuring the molasses, spray the measuring cup with cooking spray; the molasses will slide right out of the cup!
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) mild-flavor molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cup(s) Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar, butter, shortening, sour cream, molasses and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with sugar while warm if desired.