FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Monterey Barbecued Chicken
With sweet barbecue sauce stacked with bacon and melted cheese, there’s no surprise this recipe is a long-time family favorite. There’s no need for planning ahead with a dinner crafted from staple ingredients you already have on hand.
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. ea.)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup(s) barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°F.
- Top each chicken breast with the barbecue sauce, onion, tomato and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.