FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Make this healthful crunchy-chunky treat even more appealing to the younger set by adding a sweet-and-salty trail mix to the mixture. Serve with milk or topped with fruit yogurt to start the day in a healthful way. Or put in a plastic cup and enjoy it as a grab-and-go snack.
View all tips »
- Be sure to use “old-fashioned” rolled oats or oatmeal to prepare this granola—not the instant kind.
- You can remove the chocolate button candies from the Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Mix when making the granola, if desired, and serve them separately as a special treat.
- 4 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) Kar’s™ Sweet ‘n Salty Mix® (4 2-ounce bags)
- 1/4 cup(s) dried, sweetened cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the rolled oats and coconut in a large bowl. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Combine brown sugar, vegetable oil, honey and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture, stirring to coat the oats evenly. Spread the oat mixture over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool. Once cool, stir in Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Mix and dried, sweetened cranberries, if using, until blended. Store granola in an airtight jar.