FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Mushroom Spinach Strata
This hearty strata is a wonderful dish for a breakfast or brunch. It’s simple to make and loaded with flavor.
- 1/2 cup(s) 3 tablespoon butter, divided
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 2 cup(s) yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Soften 3 tablespoons butter, spread on bread, set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Saute mushrooms, onions and spinach 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- In a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, layer 1/2 bread-mushroom mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers in the same order.
- Mix eggs, milk, mustard, nutmeg, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour over layers, refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour or until bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley, serve immediately.