FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Neapolitan Pasta Sauce with Sausage
A classic, bold tomato sauce like this one is perfect for a myriad of recipes. Use it as a pizza topper with cheese, to sauce your favorite pasta or in lasagna or manicotti casseroles.
View all tips »
This sauce has so many uses, it’s smart to make a double batch and freeze some for later.
- 1 onion (medium), chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb. Italian Sausage, mild or spicy
- 2 can Hunt’s® Tomato Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil (or 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh)
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Sauté onions, garlic, carrot and bell pepper for 4 minutes. Add sausage and continue sautéing until sausage is cooked through.
- Place meat mixture and all remaining ingredients in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes over low heat.