FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Neapolitan Shortcake Parfaits
What a sweet deal! Serve this refreshing shortcake parfait recipe made with Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour with a layering that makes it all the more impressive.
View all tips »
If you like a combination of fruit, use strawberries and blueberries for more flavor and color.
- 4 cup(s) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cup(s) Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 bag (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 Tbsp. shortening
- Whipped cream topping (from aerosol can)
- Additional strawberries, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet with shortening. In medium bowl, mix strawberries and 1/2 cup granulated sugar; set aside.
- To make shortcakes, in medium bowl, mix flour, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, the baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and butter until soft dough forms. Drop dough onto cookie sheet by 8 heaping tablespoons. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on medium 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted.
- Break shortcakes into bite-size pieces. In parfait glasses, alternate layers of shortcake, strawberries, chocolate mixture and whipped cream topping. Garnish with additional strawberries.