FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Vanilla Ice Cream Topped with Northwest Cherries Jubilee
Love vanilla ice cream but want a new and exciting topping? Cherry jubilee is easy to make and makes ice cream the perfect dessert for a sophisticated dinner.
View all tips »
To flambé, light a long wooden match and carefully hold it just above the pan to ignite the vapors. Be careful to stay away from any flammable objects. Spoon or ladle the sauce over ice cream
- 1 lb. dark Northwest cherries, pitted and chopped (Reserving 6 perfect cherries for garnish)
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) cherry or pomegranate juice
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest, grated
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Cognac or Kirsch (cherry brandy)
- Melt butter in a medium sauté pan. Stir in sugar until it melts.
- Add the orange zest, cherries and juice to the pan. Simmer gently until cherries just begin to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and bring the mixture to a boil.