FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Orange-Craisin® French Toast
Now you can make elegant French Toast without feeling like you’re serving a calorie-laden dessert. This is achieved in this recipe by using mostly egg whites and fresh orange juice for flavor punch.
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) Craisins®
- 3 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp. Grand Marnier, optional
- 1/4 cup(s) honey blended with 2 tablespoon orange marmalade and 40912 cup Craisins or maple syrup, for topping
- Combine Craisins® and orange juice. Let soak for 1 hour at room temperature.
- In a blender, purée the Craisin®-orange juice mixture. Add eggs, egg whites, honey, sugar, salt, milk, vanilla extract, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on high heat until a drop of water “dances” on it.
- Immerse the slices of bread in the egg mixture for a minute or two to soak up the liquids.
- Use about 1/2 teaspoon of butter to coat the griddle for each batch of French toast. Place dipped slices on griddle and fry for about 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with the orange-honey topping or with maple syrup.