FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Orange French Toast-Lite
Now you can make elegant French toast without feeling like you’re serving a calorie-laden dessert for breakfast. This is achieved by using mostly egg whites, 2% milk instead of whole milk and fresh orange juice for flavor punch.
- 1 large egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk (2%)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- tsp. unsalted butter
- 12 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread
- In a blender, combine the egg, egg whites, honey, sugar, milk, vanilla extract, orange juice, orange zest and cinnamon.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on high heat until a drop of water “dances” on it.
- Immerse the slices of bread in the mixture for a minute or two to soak up the liquids.
- Use about 1/2 teaspoon of butter to coat the griddle for each batch of French toast. Place dipped slices on griddle and fry for about 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned.
- Serve with the topping of orange honey or maple syrup.