FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
There’s morning magic in these buttery orange-pecan scones. Orange zest and orange juice provide bright citrus flavor while toasted pecans add appealing crunch. Serve with orange blossom honey and butter to complement their bright taste.
View all tips »
- Plain low-fat yogurt may be substituted for the sour cream, if desired.
- Scones can be slightly under-baked and reheated to serve hot.
- 1 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Simply Orange® Juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup(s) melted butter, cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with shortening or line it with parchment paper.
- Place chopped pecans in a shallow baking dish and toast in oven for 5 minutes or until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove and let cool.
- Whisk together the sour cream, orange juice, orange zest and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir in the beaten egg and set aside.
- Stir 3 1/2 cups of flour together with the sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl. Stir the sour cream mixture into the flour mixture, alternating with the melted butter until just moistened. Stir in the cooled pecans.
- Turn mixture out onto a floured board or countertop and knead 3 to 5 minutes, adding the remaining 1/2 cup flour to make a soft, somewhat sticky dough. Divide the dough into three parts and flatten each part into a 3/4-inch thick round. Cut each round into 4 triangles and place on a prepared baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.