FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Orange Vanilla French "Tuffins"
Cutting English muffins into strips creates crispy, miniature French toast the kids will love. Stack this on a platter and watch the whole family dive in.
View all tips »
For a special breakfast, top with whipped cream and the orange marmalade.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 7 Tbsp. milk or cream
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, whipped until stiff
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 Thomas® English Muffins, split and cut into 3 strips each
- orange marmalade or maple syrup for topping
- In a blender, combine the eggs, sugar, milk or cream, orange juice, orange zest, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on high until sizzling. Use about 1 teaspoon of butter to coat the skillet for each batch of French tuffins.
- Immerse strips in the egg-orange juice mixture in two batches, soaking up the liquid.
- Place dipped muffin slices on griddle well spaced apart and fry for about 2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with orange marmalade or maple syrup.