FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pan-Fried Freshwater Prawns
This quick and simple Asian-inspired preparation helps you bring a restaurant experience home in an exciting, stress-free way.
View all tips »
Serve with white rice and steamed broccoli for a complete meal.
- 1 pkg. Paramount Reserve Freshwater Prawns, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- Heat a 14-inch sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and chili pepper flakes and set aside.
- Once pan is hot, add oil, garlic and onion and sauté until light brown.
- Remove garlic and onion from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add prawns, shell side up, and incorporate the soy sauce mixture.
- Stir lightly to avoid sticking to the pan, and after 3 to 4 minutes turn prawns over onto shell side.
- Let cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower heat and add garlic and onion back to the pan and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with chopped green onions.