FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Italians have made some version of this hearty, comfort soup for generations. This pasta e fagioli goes together in a flash to make a soup that’s hearty enough for dinner.
View all tips »
The addition of parmesan cheese and parsley on top of the soup is key.
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasonings
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 onion (medium), diced
- 1 cup(s) canned tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup(s) dry Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni Pantry Pack
- 3 cup(s) canned Great Northern (white) beans, drained
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine or vermouth (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine chicken broth, tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, onion, celery, tomatoes, garlic and onion. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook another 6 to 8 minutes, or until just tender.
- Add beans and heat through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and parsley.