FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Penne à lá Vodka (Pasta with Vodka Sauce)
Penne pasta shrimp recipe with sauce made from Grey Goose Vodka, tomatoes, basil and mint.
- 2 1/2 lb. raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 red Thai or serrano chile, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 can (14-.50 ounce each) diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Grey Goose® Vodka
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- cup(s) sliced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced basil
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped Italian parsley
- Start with a salad of baby greens topped with sliced mushrooms and fried mozzarella.
- Combine the shrimp, olive oil, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, minced garlic, chile and pepper in a bowl or plastic baggie. Marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator. Put the pasta on to cook (following package directions).
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the shrimp, including half of the marinade liquid, to the pan and sauté 4 to 5 minutes until the shrimp are firm and pink. Remove the shrimp to a large bowl.
- Cook the remaining shrimp and marinade in the same way and add to the bowl. Add the butter to this bowl and toss. Turn the heat down to medium and add the canned tomatoes, bay leaves and 1 teaspoon salt. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the vodka and lemon zest and bring to a boil for 60 seconds.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the mint and basil and set aside for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta into the bowl with the shrimp and butter and toss to mix.
- Add the tomato sauce and toss. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.