FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: 4.5 dozen
These sweet and crispy morsels can be summed up in two words: “awe” and “some.”
- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup(s) Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cup(s) Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp. cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- crisp rice cereal, slightly crushed
- Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves or any Smucker's® Fruit Preserves or Jam of your choice
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in peanut butter and eggs.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Beat until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Roll in cereal. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press tip of little finger halfway down in center of ball but do not flatten. Fill indentation with about 1/2 teaspoon preserves.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely.