FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
French Toast with Peaches & Raspberries
Peaches and raspberries are the perfect lightly sweet addition to a buttery French toast that’s great with a side of crispy bacon or sizzling sausage.
View all tips »
This recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen peaches for equally delectable results.
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cup(s) peaches
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry preserves
- In a large shallow bowl, combine eggs, cream, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar and salt. Whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, combine peaches, raspberries and raspberry preserves, tossing to distribute preserves evenly.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, coating all sides and arrange in skillet. Fry 3 or 4 slices at a time, flipping once and cooking until golden brown, adding more butter, if needed.
- Top French toast with peach mixture and serve immediately.