FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
Servings: 6 to 8
Want to leave your mark on the secret family recipe? Simply add peanut butter to smooth banana cream filling and a crisp Nilla Wafers crust. Grandma will forgive you, we promise.
View all tips »
Pie can be made using 1 package (4 servings) instant vanilla pudding and a prepared crust. Microwave 1/4 cup peanut butter on HIGH for 30 seconds to soften before spreading onto pie crust. Prepare pudding according to package directions for a pie, stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 2 sliced bananas. Garnish as written above.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Nilla® Wafers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cup(s) half and half
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 bananas, cut into slices
- 2 cup(s) whipped cream made from 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter together. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Spread 1/4 cup peanut butter onto bottom and sides of cooled crust.
- Whisk sugar, salt and cornstarch together in a medium bowl. Heat half and half over medium heat until simmering. Slowly whisk about 1/2 cup of hot half and half into sugar mixture. Add milk mixture back to pan and bring to a full boil. Continue cooking, stirring constantly about 2 minutes until mixture is very thick. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Stir in banana slices.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Spread whipped cream over top of pie. Place remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter into a small microwavable dish. Microwave on high 20 to 30 seconds or until peanut butter is very soft. Transfer to a re-sealable plastic bag, seal. Cut corner off of plastic bag, drizzle pie with peanut butter to garnish.