FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Peanut Butter Chicken
Servings: 6 - 8
If peanut butter is your go-to ingredient for lunch, try it for dinner with this recipe that’s sure to please your whole family. Here, tender chicken is simmered in peanut butter and seasonings, then plated with a drizzle of sweet and savory sauce.
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 lbs.), cut up
- 1/2 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. cold water
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, peanut butter, sugar, vinegar and chili powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Return chicken to the pan; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken.