FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Peanut Granola Bars
Grab one of these chunky granola bars for breakfast on the run or for an afternoon snack. The chocolate buttons in Kar’s™ Sweet ‘n Salty Mix® can be left in these bars, or removed for a separate treat.
View all tips »
Lightly flour hands to make it easy to combine the granola mixture.
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) wheat germ
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup(s) Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Mix
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, Kar’s Sweet ‘n Salty Mix and flour in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in the honey, beaten egg, oil and vanilla. Mix ingredients together using your hands or a sturdy wooden spoon. Press mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until bars turn golden brown at the edges. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes before cutting into bars. Don’t cool completely or they will be too hard to cut.