FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Penne with Chicken and Mozzarella
If the kids love nuggets but you want them to have something more substantial for dinner, try this penne with chicken and mozzarella. It’s ready in minutes and it makes a wonderful dinner to spend time together as a family.
View all tips »
You can substitute breaded chicken strips or breaded chicken patties for the nuggets. If using patties, heat first, then cut into strips.
- 12 oz. Daily Chef™ Penne Pasta
- 1/2 bag (29-ounce bag) frozen chicken breast nuggets (22 nuggets)
- 1 jar favorite pasta or spaghetti sauce (24 ounce)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken according to package directions.
- Pour pasta sauce and tomato sauce into hot pasta pan; cover and heat over medium-high heat until bubbly. Add pasta and half of cheese; gently toss. Pour into serving platter. Arrange hot chicken nuggets over pasta and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.