FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Penne Rigate with Bolognese
Bolognese is a classic Italian meat sauce usually eaten with tagliatelle, but it goes great with penne rigate, too. Although tomatoes aren’t a requirement to make Bolognese, this recipe uses them for a deliciously flavorful effect.
- 16 oz. Pasta Lensi Penne Rigate
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 1 onion (medium), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 28 oz. tomatoes, blended until smooth
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream or milk
- tsp. ground nutmeg and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Cook pancetta until golden. Add beef, onions, carrots and celery and sauté 5 minutes, stirring often to break meat into fine pieces. Add wine and cook until nearly evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pureed tomatoes; simmer 30 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Drain. Just before serving, stir in cream or milk, nutmeg and pepper to sauce.
- Serve immediately with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.