FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pepper Steak Quesadillas
Nothing quells your craving for quesadillas like USDA Choice Beef Top Sirloin and sautéed vegetables blanketed by fresh mozzarella cheese. It's all at your fingertips when you shop in club.
- 1/2 lb. beef top sirloin steak
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 flour tortillas (6 in.)
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F). Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté peppers and onion for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Sprinkle with cilantro and rosemary.
- Place two tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut steak into thin strips; place on tortillas. Using a slotted spoon, place pepper mixture over steak. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese and remaining tortillas; lightly spray top of tortillas with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges.