FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Peppered Corn Fritters
Peppered with spices, sweet corn and peppers, these fritters are perfect for appetizers or tailgating snacks.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) fresh corn
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped onions
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) milk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, red pepper and onions. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cumin, salt and pepper; stir into corn mixture. Gradually add milk, stirring until blended.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1/4 inch of oil to 375°F. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.