FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Peppered Tequila-Lime Chicken
A flavorful marinade full of citrus juices and spices adds outstanding flavor to easy-to-grill chicken breasts.
View all tips »
Tone’s® Crushed Red Pepper is the dried fruit pod and seeds of a capsicum pepper with Scoville Heats Units (SHU) of 15,000 to 30,000. Just a dash or two adds extra heat to any BBQ rub, marinade, mop or sauce.
- 3/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/2 cup(s) tequila OR additional orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. Tone’s® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tsp. Tone’s® Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Tone’s® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix lime juice, orange juice, tequila, cilantro, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken over medium direct heat, 12 to 16 minutes, turning once until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature is at least 170°F.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and serve immediately.