FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pesto Veggie Pizza
The whole family loves pizza. When you make it from scratch you'll not only "wow" their taste buds, you can sneak in all the nutritious ingredients you desire right underneath layers of fresh cheese.
- 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup(s) warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 1/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 1/2 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup(s) prepared pesto
- 1 3/4 cup(s) coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup(s) (8 oz.) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the Parmesan cheese, oil, sugar, basil, salt, all-purpose flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining whole wheat flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough with a fork. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted. Drain and place in a food processor. Add pesto; cover and process until blended.
- Spread over pizza crust. Top with broccoli, green pepper, green onions, garlic and mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.