FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pineapple-Cream Cheese Flan
Pineapple juice adds tropical flavor to this creamy flan.
View all tips »
Prepare using Philadelphia® Neufchatel Cheese.
How to Unmold Flan:
Dip bottom of mold in warm water 15 sec. Gently pull flan from around edge with moistened fingers. Place moistened serving plate on top of flan. Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold and center flan on plate.
How to Make Individual Flans:
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare sugar syrup as directed; pour into 10 (1/2-cup) custard cups. Fill with cream cheese mixture; cover. Place in large shallow pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come up halfway up sides of cups. Bake 45 min. or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Unmold as directed. Makes 10 servings.
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounce)
- 1 pkg. Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, cubed, softened (8 ounce)
- 1 can pineapple juice (3/4 cup)
- 5 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook sugar in small saucepan on medium heat 5 min. or until melted and deep golden brown, stirring constantly. Immediately pour into 9-inch round pan; tilt pan to evenly cover bottom with syrup.
- Blend remaining ingredients in blender until smooth; pour over syrup in pan. Place in larger shallow pan. Add enough hot water to larger pan to come halfway up outside of 9-inch pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Carefully remove flan from water. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours. Invert flan onto platter just before serving; carefully remove pan.