FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Plum Streusel Kuchen
Servings: 12 - 15
Fresh plums lend a remarkablly fruity flavor to this light and crumbly streusel best served warm out of the oven.
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh plums, halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter
- 2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg and cream; add to crumb mixture, tossing gently with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough into a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Arrange plums over crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add cream, mixing gently with a fork until moist crumbs form. Sprinkle over plums.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.