FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Portobello Burger with Muffuletta Topping
Summer's beef burger takes a back seat to big, juicy portobello mushrooms in this deceptively vegetarian meal.
- 1 large portobello mushroom, stem removed
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 hamburger bun, split and toasted
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- Brush mushroom with oil and sprinkle with oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mushroom, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Combine tomato and olives; season with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise over bun bottom. Top with lettuce, mushroom, cheese and tomato mixture; replace bun top.