FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pot Roast with Mushrooms and Caramelized Onions
A little extra effort during prep time for caramelizing onions really gives this slow-cooker meal more character. And the sigh of satisfaction with coming home to a homemade, savory meal that’s already done? Well, there are just few things as relaxing.
View all tips »
Serve with buttered noodles, if desired.
- 1 lb. mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Member's Mark® Angus Chuck Roast (2 1/2 to 3 lbs.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. beef seasoning
- Place mushrooms across the bottom of slow cooker insert. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onions and sugar 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are a light golden brown. Remove from skillet. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet and increase heat to high. Season beef with salt and pepper. Brown beef on all sides. Place on top of mushrooms in slow cooker. Top with reserved onions.
- Stir beef seasoning into broth. Pour over onions. Cook on low heat 8 hours or until beef is tender.