FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Potato-Crusted Chicken Casserole
Meet the tasty cousin of chicken potpie. The whole family will love the combination of chicken, veggies, potatoes and a crispy crust all in one delicious dish. Pair with simple dinner rolls for an easy, filling weeknight meal.
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- Dash rubbed sage
- 1 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large bowl, toss potato slices with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange slices onto the bottom and sides of an 11x7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Reduce heat to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In the same skillet, saute onion in butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in vegetables, seasonings and chicken. Spoon into potato crust.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown.