FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Grilled Pound Cake Ice Cream Sandwiches with Grilled Peach and Cherry Jam
Turn pound cake into ice cream sandwiches with this scrumptious dessert recipe using Northwest Cherries that can be thrown on the grill.
- 1 loaf pre-sliced pound cake cut in half
- 1 qt. high quality ice cream or frozen Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
Cherry and Peach Jam
- 8 oz. Northwest Cherries, pitted
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3 oz. honey
- 4 oz. water
- juice from 1/4 lime
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a sauce pot add honey, water, cinnamon and chili powder.
- Turn heat to medium flame, steep spices into honey for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir and add remaining jam ingredients.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes and chill down.
- To assemble, take sliced pound cake, tempered ice cream or yogurt, and make a sandwich, spreading ice cream or yogurt on one layer of pound cake and the topping with second layer of pound cake, to form a sandwich.
- Place in a freezer for at least 30 minutes. Get your grill hot and brush olive oil on the ice cream sandwich, place ice cream sandwich on the grill for 30 seconds on each side and serve with cherry peach jam.