FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Provençal Vegetable Stew (Ratatouille)
Servings: 6 cups
Enjoy the sunny flavors of southern France in this classic recipe. Ratatouille can be served warm as a main or side dish or at room temperature with bread or crackers as an appetizer or relish.
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb. onions, peeled and chopped (about 2 medium)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 lb. bell pepper (preferably yellow), sliced in strips
- 2 cup(s) Classico® Tomato and Basil Premium Pasta Sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 3/4 lb. eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch square chunks
- 1/2 lb. zucchini (about 2), cut into .50-inch thick discs
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. slivered fresh basil
- In a large, heavy-bottomed casserole, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and bell peppers and continue to slow cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the pasta sauce and stir to mix. Simmer this mixture for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Add more oil, if needed.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, celery, salt and pepper. Stir to blend and continue to simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes or until all vegetables are very tender, but not falling apart. Add more oil as needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the basil, taste for seasoning and remove from heat. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.