FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pumpkin Bisque with Smoked Gouda
Experience all the great flavors of fall with ingredients found right in club. Pumpkin brings just a hint of natural sweetness to this hearty recipe that's great for a lunch entrée, an appetizer or side dish at dinnertime.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 29 oz. solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) shredded Gouda cheese
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- Additional shredded Gouda cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Sauté onion in drippings until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the broth, pumpkin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in cream; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Sprinkle each serving with parsley, bacon and additional cheese, if desired.