FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
The warm flavors reminiscent of a pumpkin pie make this lush bread pudding a family favorite. Topping it with either maple syrup or warm caramel sauce adds another dimension of wintery sweetness.
- 5 cup(s) bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (day-old baguettes or egg bread work best)
- 1/2 cup(s) melted butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cream
- 1 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- cup(s) white sugar
- 3 large eggs, plus one yolk
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 pinch allspice
- Topping: 3/4 cup maple syrup or caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Toss bread cubes with butter and cinnamon to coat. Put on sheet pan in pre-heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes to toast.
- Remove bread from oven and cool.
- Whisk together cream, pumpkin, milk, sugars, eggs and spices and toss with cooled bread.
- Put into greased 8x8-inch pan and bake until set, about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or caramel sauce.