FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Quick & Easy Egg Casserole Made Over
This healthier version of a classic breakfast casserole is bubbling over with savory, satisfying ingredients the whole family will love.
View all tips »
For a delicious whole wheat option with a touch of honey, prepare bread cubes with NATURE’S OWN® Honey Wheat Bread in place of the multi-grain bread. With no artificial preservatives, colors or flavors, it’s a delicious choice for this Healthy Living recipe.
Makeover - How We Did It:
This easy casserole recipe was made better for you with a few small changes. We used bacon instead of sausage, replaced some of the whole eggs with egg whites, and used fat-free milk and KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese instead of the full-fat products. These changes save you 110 calories and 10g of fat, including 3.5g of saturated fat, per serving.
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 cup(s) multi-grain bread cubes
- 8 slices cooked OSCAR MAYER® Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup(s) KRAFT® 2% Milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl until blended. Add bread, bacon and 1/2 cup cheese; stir to evenly moisten bread.
- Pour into 9-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.