FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Raisin-brown Sugar Bars
Crunchy, creamy and fragrant—this is one great bar cookie. Surprisingly, prepared like this, the raisins taste more like dates than anything else.
View all tips »
These would be sinfully good topped with a little whipped cream.
- 2 cup(s) Sun-Maid® Raisins
- 1 cup(s) apple or orange juice
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 40910 Tbsp. cool water
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 sticks of butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup(s) chopped nuts
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats
- Simmer raisins in apple juice until tender, about 5 minutes. Puree in food processor with sugar to a thick paste.
- Put the raisin paste back into the saucepan and whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Simmer over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla to combine. Slowly blend in flour mixture. Then stir in oats and nuts.
- Press half of the mixture into a 9x13-inch buttered baking dish.
- Spread raisin purée evenly over crust. Crumble remaining dough over raisins and use your fingers to tap into place so the topping covers the raisins.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown. Let cool before cutting into squares or bars.