FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Red, White and Blue Cheesecake
While it can seem daunting, making a cheesecake is simpler than you may think. Here, the fruit-laden filling is mixed in a single bowl for a fuss-free cleanup. Serve this colorful dessert at the peak of berry season.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup(s) cold butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 pkg. (8 oz. ea.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup(s) crushed strawberries
- 1 cup(s) crushed blueberries
- Fresh mixed berries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and lemon peel. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Whisk egg yolks and vanilla; add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball.
- Press onto the bottom and 3 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the cream, flour, lemon peel, salt and vanilla. Add eggs and yolk; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Divide batter in half. Fold crushed strawberries and crushed blueberries into half of the batter. Pour into crust. Top with remaining batter. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 300°F and bake 60 to 70 minutes longer or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with fresh mixed berries and currants, if desired.