FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Reuben Brat Hoagie
Reuben Brat Hoagie is a mouthful in more ways than one, and is sure to satisfy even the largest of appetites. Straight from The Kitchen at Johnsonville®, right into your hands. Enjoy!
View all tips »
To grill hoagie, assemble sandwich on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Wrap in foil. Grill, covered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 1 pkg. Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst (19.76 ounce)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 can sauerkraut, drained (14 ounce)
- 1/3 cup(s) Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/3 cup(s) coarse ground mustard
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 12 thin slices Swiss cheese
- Grill brats according to package directions.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/4-inch bias slices.
- In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing and mustard.
- Slice French bread lengthwise and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Spread salad dressing mixture on the inside of bread.
- Layer bottom of bread with six slices of cheese, brats, onions, sauerkraut and the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut hoagie and serve hot.