FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Ribollita Soup with Garlic Bread
Ribollita is a famous Tuscan soup whose ingredients vary by village and family, but it always includes lots of vegetables and bread. The combination is hearty, warming and delicious.
View all tips »
Carrots, turnips, spinach and mushrooms are also great in this.
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 onion (medium), diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup(s) zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/4 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 cup(s) russet potato, diced
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 can tomatoes (8 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 2 cup(s) canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 Artisan Fresh™ Baguette
- Garlic butter: 1/3 cup softened butter blended with 4 cloves garlic, mashed)
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped Italian parsley
- Put oil into a large saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes or until onions are clear.
- Add carrots, zucchini, celery and potato. Sauté 5 minutes longer. Add the chicken broth, water, wine, canned tomatoes, shredded cabbage, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then add beans and heat through.
- Meanwhile slice the Artisan Fresh™ Baguette into 4 to 6 large wedges. Brush liberally with garlic butter and bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
- To serve, put a wedge of garlic bread in each bowl. Top with hot soup, Parmesan cheese and parsley.